Nightlife for Everyone in the City Centre
Auckland offers visitors a vibrant and lively nightlife with a great deal of choice in film, theatre, live music and comedy entertainment, as well as bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes. For the young, young at heart, sophisticated traveller, business or family group, there's something for everyone in central Auckland.
We've suggested a few popular venues and entertainments close to our hotel on Queen Street. We should add that although the nightlife is right at your door at the Scenic Hotel Auckland, the city does sleep and so will you – beautifully, no matter whether you're home at eight or late.
- The Edge (The Aotea Centre,The Civic, Auckland Town Hall & Aotea Square ) - Leading entertainment venue close to the Scenic Hotel Auckland offering a full programme of national and international performing arts.
- Classic Comedy & Bar, Queen Street – The home of live comedy, The Classic is New Zealand's only full-time professional comedy club and offers comfortable cabaret style seating for intimate audiences of 140.
- IMAX, Queen Street – The IMAX theatre with digital 3D is New Zealand's largest movie screen.
- Kiwi Music Bar, Queen Street – A free grass roots performance space for live music with pizzas and cocktails on the menu.
- SkyCity – Casinos and live entertainment with a touch of glitz and glamour.
Feel free to ask any of the staff at the Scenic Hotel Auckland for more suggestions about where to go for a night out in Auckland. Some places may come and go, but our staff will be in the know about where's hot and where's not!