Auckland City's Highlights
Our Suggested Short Stay Itinerary
If your time in Auckland is short or fully-booked with other commitments, our hand picked selection of highlights close to our hotel on Queen Street will help you get the taste (and smell) of the city. There is huge diversity in the city centre for shopping (from high street to high-end designer fashion and everything in between), dining (from fast food outlets, ethnic cafes to fine dining) and sightseeing (people and places) – you may come across a mouth-watering destination as you explore, but here's some of our favourites to whet your appetite for all things Auckland:
- MLC Cafe & Bar – Our very own cafe and bar gives you a great opportunity to soak up the city vibe from street level, as well as some delicious coffees and wines. Perfect too for pre-dinner and theatre drinks.
- Auckland Domain and Auckland War Memorial Museum – Take a stroll (or a jog) up to the city's oldest park and enjoy formal gardens, sculptures and statuary, natural springs and picnic spots. A visit wouldn't be complete without time being spent at the Wintergardens and museum at the Domain's highest point.
- Newmarket – Touted to be the fashion capital of New Zealand, here you'll find luxury stores representing New Zealand's best brands, boutiques featuring top designers such as Karen Walker, Kate Sylvester and Annah Stretton and the country's largest concentration of shoe shops! Check out the Broadway strip, the boutiques on the backstreets, the country's leading shopping mall Westfields 277 and Nuffield Street – an international 'High Street'. From the Scenic Hotel Auckland, it's easy to reach from the central Britomart transport hub or by taxi.
- Viaduct Harbour – You can't visit the City of Sails without taking at least a visit to the harbour, but we recommend taking a short sailing trip too (Auckland weather permitting). Short sailing trips are available for whale and dolphin safaris, as well as coffee, lunch or dinner sailing cruises. You can take a seat or take the helm.
- SkyWalk / SkyJump – Auckland's Sky Tower is the tallest structure in the southern hemisphere and you can jump off it, walk round it or dine in it. Sky Tower is part of the Sky City entertainment complex featuring casino, live shows and exhibitions.
After a busy day and night (or two) exploring Auckland, come back to Queen Street, sink into a sofa and relax with a great view of the city from your room. Then check out some more ideas on things to do in Auckland for your next stay with us!